VCC Client Software
To be able to use the software you will need appropriate workstations, an internet connection, and have to subscribe to one our service packages. Once you have subscribed successfully to the service and our colleagues have confirmed the validity of the access, you can start using the software.
Installing the software
- Download the newest version of VCC Live
- Run the installation file and follow the instructions.
- After finishing the installation a shortcut of the application will appear on your Windows Desktop.
First start of the application
Simply start the application to be able to login. The software is capable to run in agent (user) and supervisor (administrator) mode, depending on the rights that the user has.
Username: enter the received login name. Password: enter the received password. Customer: at the first login you need to enter your customer name, which identifies your call center. Select the Login button, when you are ready to start your work.
Before logging in – if necessary – the apprlication automatically updates itself, in such cases please wait until it restarts.
|any||[customer].asp.virtual-call-center.eu||10000-20000/UDP||RTP / SRTP|
(1) Use IP address in firewall config instead of domain names.
(2) Unsecured SIP communication, use SIP-TLS instead.
(3) If you use a restricted VoIP connection, the 5061 TCP connections have to be opened.
- 1 GHz or faster 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 100 MB free disk space
- Windows Platform: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10
- Linux Platform: Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 (32/64bit)
- In order to ensure high-level sound quality during calls, it is highly recommended to use USB headsets. Before you make the purchase of a large headset quantity, kindly make sure that you tested the product or ask the opinion of our support team regarding this matter to ensure that the quality is what you desire.
- VCC Live recommends brands such as Jabbra, Sennheiser and Plantronix.
- Bluetooth and wifi headsets are not recommended.
- To ensure business-level voice quality while using VCC Live, you will need stable internet connections, with a minimum 100 kbit/sec bandwidth connection at each work station. (Connecting via wifi is not recommended.)
- Mobile internet connection is not recommended!
The client languages:
1. MSI Package Installation on computers outside of the domainIf you want to install MSI Package manually on a computer outside of the domain, it is quite similar to the installation with EXE. If you launch the installer under admin rights, it will be automatically installed.
2. MSI Package Installation in Active Directory EnvironmentMain problems with EXE installation in Active Directory Environment:
- You have to install manually on every device, which can be time consuming if there are more computers.
- You need admin rights for the installation with EXE, but in such environments users do not have these rights.
2.1. Automatic installation on one or more computersRequirements:
- a Domain Controller with Active Directory and computers logged in it;
- copy MSI Package to a network directory available on the target devices.
- Create a Group Policy Object or use an existing one: this will execute the installation of the VCC program. If you create a new GPO rule, first use security filtering to select the computers or groups of computers on which you want to install the program, then assign the specific GPO rule to the related structural unit;
- GPO rule edition: Navigate to Computer Configuration / Policies / Software Settings / Software installation
- Right-click in the right window, then select item “New / Package”. In the window that appears browse for the MSI Package placed in the network folder, and select it. In the pop-up window select “Assigned”, then click OK. If the addition has been successful, you will see something similar:
- If you have succeeded, you can close the GPO editor.
- After this, if you restart a computer on which your GPO rule is valid, the VCC client will be automatically installed on it.
- If it does not happen, you can run a “gpupdate” command from the command-line, and after restart, the program should install (the command “gpupdate” runs automatically on Windows devices from time to time, so it is not necessary to run it, just in case where the client is not installed for some reason and you want to install it immediately). The client will be installed in: “c:Program Files (x86)Virtual Call CenterVirtual Call Center” , its icon will appear on every user’s desktop.
2.2. User installation through Active DirectoryIt is also possible to not to obligate the client installation, but to ensure a possibility to the user to install it without system administrator intervention and admin rights. Installation steps:
- The requirements are the same as above, the process will be different from the step where you create the GPO rule. Start to edit it, although this time not in the computer section but in the users section: User Configuration / Policies / Software Settings / Software installation.
- Right-click, then “New / Package”. Browse for the MSI Package uploaded on the network, then select “Publish” in the pop-up window. After this, the VCC Client appears in the right side list.
- If the GPO rule is finished, Windows computers will soon update the policy. If you want to force it, you can use “gpupdate” here, too. After the update, VCC Client appears between Program installation: optional programs. For this, open Control Panel / Programs / Programs and Features and select Install a program from the network.
- In the window that appears you should see the Virtual Call Center client program. Users who do not have admin rights, and who have been permitted to do so in the security filters of the GPO rule, can install the software from here.
3. Windows Firewall settingsAs use of the client program needs network communication, at first start the program will ask you to allow communication through Windows firewall. In domain environments users generally do not have right to add or accept firewall rules, so in this case users can only decline, but then the VCC program will be disabled on the firewall and there won’t be proper communication (there will be problems with incoming and dialing calls). This problem can also be solved by the help of the Active Directory. You can add a rule that is centrally set for every computer running VCC and opens the firewall for the VCC client. The beginning of the process is as described above. Steps:
- use an existing GPO rule, or create a new rule;
- open it for editing;
- find this:
- Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Windows Firewall with Advanced Security / Windows Firewall with Advanced Security / Inbound rules.
Installing the software
- Download the appropriate version of VCC Live installation package, which can be 32 or 64-bit!
- After the download is complete run the installer by a single click!
- When the Ubuntu Software Center opens, click on the "Install" button and enter your sudo password!
- The software is ready to use.